Photobucket

Monday, June 14, 2010

Our weekend adventure

Rob & I decided it was high time to goto Pennsylvania & pick up the infant things we had been storing up there. It was time for Sean to have the things we felt he'd need right away. Ya know..... things like a car seat, the bassinet for the stroller, maybe some clothes. Those kind of things.

Meredith & I headed up on Friday and had the whole afternoon & evening to ourselves. It was very nice. We walked the dogs and played in the front yard. Meredith has a fascination with rocks. All shapes. All sizes. When she was done playing with them, she looked at her hand like "what is this mess on my hand & where did it come from?" I don't think she has quite grasped the idea that for every action there is an equal & opposite reaction.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

We went to walmart and bought a few things that we needed for the weekend and then came home & had dinner. Hefty makes plates in the shape of zoo animals. The first shape was a piggy. Of course Meredith giggled with delight that she would get to eat off of a piggy. I make pork cutlets & Meredith ate piggy off of her piggy.

Photobucket

We made plans with Krista to have a bagel date on Saturday morning. Much to my delight she brought her two oldest girls. I can't tell you all what a breath of fresh air these two young ladies were. They were sweet and happy girls. They really enjoyed, or at least seemed to enjoy, watching after the little ones and showing them the "sights". We ate our brunch and went into a little alleyway between the stores. It really is set up beautifully with plants & flowers. Some art here & there. Meredith and Angelina both walked around in their own little worlds inspecting everything. Much to the dismay of one shop owner. His loss if he's not young at heart and can't appreciate the wonder those kids felt when they saw the water fountain or the red flowers. Krista & I got to sit and enjoy some coffee and chat.

Photobucket


Photobucket

That afternoon, we invited everyone over to the community to go swimming with us. Krista & Angelina came. The two older girls had a birthday party. Meredith & Angelina played so nicely together in the water. That water was HOLY MOSES cold. I guess all the rain did a number on the water. That didn't stop us though. It was so nice that Rob was able to join us at the pool. I think he enjoyed it too. Ya know what? I know he enjoyed it. He was able to socialize with a new friend (for him) and spend some time with us. I'd say it was a good day.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

We packed up & came home on Sunday. We packed up the car with some goodies for Sean and then we ran some errands. We stopped for pizza & made our way home. It was a good weekend, but it felt good to be home.

It felt even better than there was no anxiety about coming home this time. We knew we were coming back to a place that we felt comfortable in. We were coming back to a place we are able to make our home. Not just a place where we live & store our things. A home. A place where you long to lay your head after a long day. A place where your neighbors are so nice that they worry because they haven't seen you in a few days. I must remember to let our neighbors downstairs know next time we go away.

Slowly, but surely this place is feeling like home.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your new place is feeling like home. Love your adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly was a good day!! We enjoyed it so much. I am so happy you got to meet my other two girls. They were excited to meet you both as well and thought Meredith was beyond cute!
    Looking forward to your next visit. :)

    ReplyDelete