Photobucket

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Adventures at Bushkill Falls

Today's adventure started off with a bang. Meredith was up before the birds at 4:45am. She climbed out of her bed & into mine. Fun times......

We were set to meet up with Krista & Angelina at 11am. Thankfully Meredith napped for 45 minutes in the car. Otherwise I'm sure she'd have been a bear. As we waited for Krista & Angelina, Meredith did the silly walk and when she spotted Angelina, she got very excited.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



We had lunch..... ok well.... Meredith & Angelina picked at their food and Krista & I had lunch. Meredith and Angelina were to busy playing. Then we were off on a big adventure. The first thing we saw were some staged animals. The kids didn't care that they were stuffed. They oohed & aahed at them.

We walked along the trail to get to the falls and the kids were so cute. They held hands like the were part of a school trip. Of course it made me wonder if Meredith would be so open & close with Sean. I hope they will be close. I always hope that Meredith will want to include Sean in her games.


Photobucket



 I put Meredith on my back with Lillebaby Carrier. She was so comfy & I think she kind of balanced me out.



Photobucket

I'm so happy Meredith has found such a great friend. And how could Angelina not be a great friend? She has a great mother who is a great friend. Krista is a truly genuine woman. She's sweet, caring, supportive & honest. There aren't to many people left in the world that are like that. I'm looking forward to many years of friendship with her. And I'm looking forward to watching Meredith & Angelina grow up together. Sean had better be careful.... he's going to have 2 big sisters with those two. I truly feel blessed to have met them.

Photobucket

We walked the easiest way I knew through the trail along the river and the kids were great. Meredith was able to maneuver over the rocks and tree roots. Her balance is amazing. They wandered a little bit, but not to far. Meredith was entranced with the water. We stopped to let the kids put their little tootsies in. Meredith wasn't to fond of the cold water on her feet, but Angelina went right for it. And good for her! She's daring & I love it. It was great & refreshing to see another mom who is cautious, but able to let her child explore.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


We continued on our adventure and found another spot to let the kids play that was relatively safe. Angelina adored the water on her feet and Meredith was quite happy just splashing in the water with a stick & reaching in to pull out wet leaves. After that we went to look at the main falls. Meredith loved them and was quite intrigued by it. She even whined to get out the carrier so she could get up close & personal by the gate to see the water rushing. It's amazing to see the power of the water. And even more amazing to me, is that Meredith's Hebrew name is Maya. Maya means water. We chose that name for her because we wanted her to be powerful. And she is. In so many ways she is gentle, dainty and demure. In others she's the most powerful thing in the universe. At least to me she is. 

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Of course when we were finished with our adventure we hiked up the mountain of steps to get to the fudge hut. We promised the kids treats. So they were motivated to keep going. Poor babies were sooooooo tired.

Meredith & Aneglina got to have their lollipops and I ordered my fudge. I even let Meredith eat her "pop" in the car. Tomorrow her car seat may need to come out to be cleaned.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

I got the best fudge ever. I have never had fudge like I have had from Bushkill Falls. So of course I stocked up. It'll be a miracle though, if it lasts until Sunday. I even waited until Meredith went to sleep before indulging so I wouldn't have to share. Hee hee hee

Meredith was so tired from her long day that she was asleep by 6:15pm. I hope she sleeps well tonight because we have another adventure in store for tomorrow. It's playgroup time.

I have truly enjoyed the last five days. I don't think that I would've gotten off my lazy tush if we hadn't received the news about Sean. I don't think I would've put so much effort into experiencing life. I probably would still be taking it for granted.

Thank you to everyone who has helped and continues to help me on this journey of self exploration. Thank you to everyone who has started on their own journey of self exploration because of us. Hearing your stories makes my story worth telling.

3 comments:

  1. she is so cute. Your belly looks so much like mine. I wish we were closer so we could go and do things like that w/you guys. I know Conner would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wish you were up here too!! We'd have way to much fun. The kids having fun together would be gravy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your kind words. The feeling is very mutual! I really enjoy our time spent with you and Meredith. I am so glad fate had us meet. Here's to many more fun times ahead. I can't wait to include Sean in our adventures!

    ReplyDelete