Photobucket

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Childs Park Falls

This morning Rob & I got the opportunity to pack a lunch and take Meredith and the dogs to Childs Park Falls. It was so nice to finally have my other half with me to enjoy an adventure. The dogs got to go on an adventure instead of being left home and of course Meredith loved having her daddy there. She may not show it as much as we'd like, but she loves her daddy.

The falls were flowing at the perfect speed. It didn't rain hard last night so it wasn't so forceful that we had to be afraid of them & it wasn't a trickle. They were just perfect to look at & reflect. And as we walked passed them, that's what I did. The thoughts I had as we walked were varied. I thought about big Meredith is getting. I thought about how big I'm getting as I struggled to see the path below my feet. I struggled with how to help Meredith be more open with Rob and accept his help & love. I thought about the dogs and how unruly they were. I wondered what the dogs would actually do if we let them off the leash. And then I just stopped thinking. I stopped wondering. I just enjoyed that my other half was finally with us and that we were doing something as a family.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

As I wore Meredith on my back (YAY!!) she used my hair as reigns. Is it just instinct to use "reigns" to make someone "go"? Maybe she just thought it was cool to see my hair bounce up & down.

Photobucket

We got to the bottom of the falls that I wanted to see. The water is the calmest at the bottom of this particular falls and I'm not as afraid to let the dogs and Meredith put their feet in. If by some chance they do fall, I don't worry as much that they will be dragged down stream by the force.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Dutchess promptly slipped on a rock & fell in. Poor puppy.

Photobucket

We continued on and had lunch in the woods. Meredith & her daddy found a table. And we tied the dogs to a tree. After we ate Meredith went exploring with Rob and learned how to balance & walk across a log. And she found a tree stump that was a little hollowed out & started to examine its contents. While not the most savory thing for her to be doing, I do think it's important for her to touch & really feel the world around her.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

After lunch & exploring we went back to the house so Meredith could nap. After Meredith's nap we went outside & cleaned off her new table. Then Meredith & her cousins finger painted. Meredith just adores finger painting. What's not to love really? And she was having such a good time hanging out with the big girls. Of course after she was bored with paper, I decided it would be fun to paint rocks. Meredith loved it & painted three of them. Of course she painted herself too and tasted the paint, but.....

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

In all her painted glory, she helped her daddy set up the sparklers for tonight's light show. Meredith loves them. After dinner it was dark enough to see it so she sat with her cousins & watched the show.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Tomorrow we head back to NYC for a night in Rockaway before the movers come on Tuesday. I'm a little apprehensive about the whole thing. I'm feeling a lot of anxiety about staying in Rockaway. I still can't believe how traumatized I am by this whole ordeal. I am filled with so much dread about staying there even jut one night. Please keep your fingers crossed that tomorrow night is uneventful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment